If you have ever been to a pop up shop, you know that this trend has added a fresh feel to retail, exclusivity, and a suprise for target consumers. Last week, we had the honor to showcase some of our past emerging designers garments at a special showroom event. The great thing about pop up events is that if you don’t sell anything, it’s still a great way to communicate and get to know your target audience, create an image for yourself, and learn how to develop and establish your brand.
Here are a few tips that we think are very valuable for emerging designers who may have their first pop up event:
- Always do great marketing online: Make sure you let your fans know weeks in advance and continuously remind them that the event is fast approaching.
- Organize a free giveaway so that you can get people’s contact information
- Use the latest technology (i.e take credit and debit payment only- for tax purposes)
- Have models of both high fashion, and everyday people showcase your garments at the event
- Have sample sized garments in a variety of sizes (you never know who may want to purchase a garment-women and men of all sizes love to look fabulous!)
Here Are Two Tips from one of our African Fashion Designers who showcased her designs at our showroom event:
#1 Find a PR agency that focuses on emerging brands. These agencies are usually the first to catch wind of events that are great platforms for emerging designers to showcase their work.