The Honorable Chair of Global Connections for Women Foundation, Chief Temitope Ajayi (Mama Diaspora), and the GC4W Founder/CEO, Ambassador Lilian O. Ajayi will award several prominent and distinguished international women leaders for their commitment to women empowerment and leadership in advancing gender equality in their community.
By recognizing these distinguished women leaders on such a momentous occasion as International Women’s Day, GC4W foundation hopes to not only bring attention to the key contributions these women are making to communities around the world – but also unearth that there exists ample opportunity for better advancements and equality for women.
The GC4W Foundation “Global Women Champion” honorees include prominent global women leaders, Nobel Peace Laureate, Ambassadors, CEOs, NGO leaders, Government officials, Magazine Editors, GC4W Champions, and several others. The purpose of this award is to recognize, celebrate and encourage the noble work of these exemplary women leaders – who are committed to the global advancement of women and continue to make a significant impact in the lives of others.
The exuberant list of honorees scheduled to attend include the following:
- Teresa Clarke | CEO of Africa.com
- Adiat Disu |CEO of Adiree & Director of Africa Fashion Week|NY|London|Paris|Milan|Berlin|Tokyo |
- Jenna Fernandes | CEO of CareBooker.com
- Laureate Leymah Gbowee | CEO of Gbowee Peace Foundation
- Jenna Goudreau | Editor of Business Insider and Former Forbes Leadership Staff Reporter
- Hauwa Ibrahim |Author and Human Rights Lawyer
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala | Minister of Finance for the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Hajiya Zainab Maina | Minister of Women Affairs and Social Development of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Hajiya Maryam Mohammed | Director of Women Affairs at Goodluck Support Group (GSG)
- Joy Ogwu | Nigeria’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations
- Dr. Ngozi Olejeme | Delta State Gubernatorial Aspirant
- Sarah Pavlov | President of International Women in Business (IWIB)
- Cynthia Remec | Founder & CEO of Board Assist
- Dr. Urvashi Sahni | Founder & CEO of Study Hall Educational Foundation
- Denise Williams |Founder & CEO of Workingmomin20s
About GC4W foundation: Established in 2012, the Global Connections for Women Foundation was created in direct response to the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and established to support women and youth in underserved communities across the globe. Their goal is to enrich and empower the lives of 100 thousand Women and Youth by end of 2015.
For tickets to the event: http://www.eventbrite.com/o/global-connections-for-women-foundation-gc4w-5904618011
To learn more about the momentous event, please visit: www.internationalwomensday.com/gc4w
Twitter: @GC4Women / hashtag: #GC4WIWD14
Adiree Company is a media, marketing, and marketplace group reaching multicultural consumers. Every month, readers turn to content by Adiree — for impactful conversation, our marketing and it’s marketplace to engage with meaningful products. Focusing on everything from culture, lifestyle to careers, Adiree Company leverages the power of diversity and heritage to engage and empower. Adiree Company was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Lagos Nigeria.